以賽亞書 19 Chinese Union Version Modern Punctuation (Traditional) (CUVMPT)預示埃及之禍亂19 論埃及的默示。看哪，耶和華乘駕快雲，臨到埃及。埃及的偶像在他面前戰兢，埃及人的心在裡面消化。 2 「我必激動埃及人攻擊埃及人，弟兄攻擊弟兄，鄰舍攻擊鄰舍，這城攻擊那城，這國攻擊那國。 3 埃及人的心神必在裡面耗盡，我必敗壞他們的謀略，他們必求問偶像和念咒的、交鬼的、行巫術的。 4 我必將埃及人交在殘忍主的手中，強暴王必轄制他們。」這是主萬軍之耶和華說的。5 海中的水必絕盡，河也消沒乾涸。 6 江河要變臭，埃及的河水都必減少枯乾，葦子和蘆荻都必衰殘。 7 靠尼羅河旁的草田，並沿尼羅河所種的田，都必枯乾，莊稼被風吹去，歸於無有。 8 打魚的必哀哭，在尼羅河一切釣魚的必悲傷，在水上撒網的必都衰弱。 9 用梳好的麻造物的，和織白布的，都必羞愧。 10 國柱必被打碎，所有傭工的心必愁煩。[牧伯謀士盡為愚蒙]11 瑣安的首領極其愚昧，法老大有智慧的謀士所籌劃的成為愚謀。你們怎敢對法老說「我是智慧人的子孫，我是古王的後裔」？ 12 你的智慧人在哪裡呢？萬軍之耶和華向埃及所定的旨意，他們可以知道，可以告訴你吧！ 13 瑣安的首領都變為愚昧，挪弗的首領都受了迷惑，當埃及支派房角石的使埃及人走錯了路。 14 耶和華使乖謬的靈摻入埃及中間，首領使埃及一切所做的都有差錯，好像醉酒之人嘔吐的時候東倒西歪一樣。 15 埃及中，無論是頭與尾，棕枝與蘆葦，所做之工都不成就。
The file photo shows Muslim Brotherhood leader Mohamed Badie flashing the Rabaa sign as he stands behind bars during his trial at a court in the police academy on the outskirts of Cairo, Egypt, December 14, 2014. (Photo by Reuters)
A court in Egypt has sentenced to life in prison Muslim Brotherhood leader Mohamed Badie, his deputy Khairat al-Shater, and four others over their alleged role in violence at the time of the ouster of the first democratically elected President Mohamed Morsi in 2013.
Judicial sources said the court issued the ruling on Wednesday as part of a retrial over violence between Brotherhood supporters and opponents near the Brotherhood headquarters in the capital Cairo back in 2013.
The rulings are the latest among several trials and retrials of Badie and other senior leaders of the Brotherhood that ruled the African country before the military, led by incumbent President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi, ousted Morsi following mass protests in 2013.
The court on Wednesday sentenced Badie, Shater and four others to life in prison over violence between Brotherhood supporters and opponents near the headquarters, but acquitted former Parliament Speaker Saad al-Katatny along with a former minister, two prominent Brotherhood figures and two others.
All of the defendants have the right to appeal one final time before the Court of Cassation, Egypt’s highest civilian court.
The public prosecution may also appeal the acquittals or the life prison terms that two defendants got instead of death penalty.
The defendants faced charges of inciting violence against the protesters in front of the Brotherhood headquarters, aggravated battery and possession of firearms.
Authorities had referred 18 defendants, including five who remain at large, to trial in the case and a ruling was issued in 2015.
In January 2016, the Court of Cassation ordered the latest retrial after it accepted 13 defendants’ appeals. Mohamed Mahdi Akef, the former chairman of the Brotherhood, was among the defendants and died before receiving a sentence.
Also on Wednesday, two security sources and a judicial source said Egyptian authorities detained Ahmed Suleiman, a justice minister under Morsi, at his home in Minya governorate on Tuesday. Suleiman was later transferred to Cairo and is being investigated for belonging to a banned group, according to the security sources. The former minister had censured the arrest and trial of Brotherhood leaders after Morsi was overthrown.
Rights groups in Egypt and across the world have recorded cases of irregularities in the trials of political prisoners in the country. They say the army’s clampdown on the supporters of Morsi has led to the death of some 1,500 people and the arrest of 22,000 others, including 200 people who have been sentenced to death in mass trials.
The Sisi administration has outlawed the Brotherhood, which is Egypt’s oldest opposition movement. The group operated under strict measures during the rule of longtime dictator Hosni Mubarak, who was himself removed from power following an uprising in 2011.
Morsi had been sentenced to death on charges of corruption, escaping from prison and inciting violence before the Court of Cassation overturned that ruling in November last year and ordered a retrial.
Visitors attend Egypt’s first Service Defense Exhibition in Cairo on December 3, 2018, at the International Exhibition Center. (Photo by AFP)
Egypt’s President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi has inaugurated the first arms fair organized in Cairo, where hundreds of companies are exhibiting, state TV footage shows.
Sisi was shown cutting the ribbon along with French Defense Minister Florence Parly to open the exhibition, held on the outskirts of Cairo.
The three-day show by one of the region’s top military powers will be attended by officials from 40 countries, according to Egyptian authorities.
After the opening, Sisi was taken on a guided tour along with military officials of the massive fair, where according to authorities around 400 companies are exhibiting.
“The army… seeks to acquire strength from its cooperation with countries that value security and peace to roll back all forms of aggression on Egyptian soil," Defense Minister Mohamed Ahmed Zaki said at the opening ceremony.
He was due to hold talks with his French counterpart and the Egyptian president later on Monday, according to a statement by the French defense ministry.
Military cooperation between Cairo and Paris has significantly increased since Sisi took office in 2014.
The following year Egypt signed deals worth six billion euros to purchase 24 Rafale fighter jets from France, as well as other military hardware such as Mistral warships and missiles.
International human rights organizations have long accused Egypt of using weapons originated in Europe against civilians to suppress opposition and activists, accusations Cairo has systemically denied.
Egyptian police have killed two terror suspects purportedly linked to last month’s deadly attack on a bus transporting Coptic Christians in the central province of Minya.
According to a statement by the Ministry of Interior of Egypt on Saturday, police, helped by the military, found the gunmen in Assiut governorate, which lies to the south of Minya.
The gunmen, suspected of involvement in the November 2 attack that killed at least seven Coptic pilgrims, were reportedly in possession of three automatic rifles, one shotgun and an unspecified amount of ammunition.
Security forces also found one of the vehicles used in the attack, which also injured 14 others.
The ministry said the mobile phone of one of the victims of the attack, Kamal Yousef Shehata, was also found.
Egyptian security forces had previously killed 19 militants over their alleged involvement in the assault.
The Coptic pilgrims were heading towards St. Samuel the Confessor monastery in the province, located 260 kilometers south of Cairo.
The Takfiri Daesh terrorist group claimed responsibility for the assault, which was carried out almost at the exact location of a similar attack in May last year by the terrorists that killed 28 Coptic Christians.
Coptic Christians make up about 10 percent of Egypt’s predominantly Sunni Muslim population of some 100 million.
Over the past few years, terrorists have been carrying out anti-government activities and fatal attacks, taking advantage of the turmoil in Egypt that erupted after the country’s first democratically-elected president, Mohamed Morsi, was ousted in July 2013 through a military coup led by incumbent President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi.